Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pet Peeeeeeeve

You know what really frosts my cookies? People who post reviews for items or recipes they have not tried. "I haven't tried this yet, but it looks soooo good! FIVE STARS!" Are you serious, people? C'mon.

Anyway. My favorite website of the past few months has been EatingWell.com. If you have not tried any of the recipes from this web site, you must. The recipes are all healthy or healthier and every single one I have tried has been at least pretty good. These are my favorites:



Zucchini Rice Casserole - I am pretty sure this has been Gabe's favorite so far. This tastes like it must be half cheese, but it really is mostly zucchini and brown rice. This is comfort food at its best. I am making this again tomorrow.




Roasted Corn with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette - Oh my my. You have got to give this one a try at your next BBQ.



Roasted Eggplant & Feta Dip - This is really good stuff, and--good news!--it is mostly eggplant. It is especially delicious with these pita chips, which are surprisingly easy (I've made them several times now).



Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich - We had these little lovelies for breakfast this morning. So easy and so yummy. If the idea of a strawberry sandwich seems a bit strange to you, you should at last just whip up some of the cream cheese for your next bagel. It is SO good.


Let me know if you try any of these or any of the other eatingwell.com recipes. There are so many good ones to choose from.

1 comment:

Katie said...

They all look delish! I plan on trying some of them next week. If they are not well received, mother may I blame you instead of my lowly cooking skills?