Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Going Through Withdrawals


A couple of days ago our TV broke. I have been trying to convince myself that this is not a big deal because if it is a big deal, that's pretty lame, right?

We don't have cable or anything, but we do watch a lot of Netflix and Hulu, which we can watch on the TV through the Playstation. I also use the TV to listen to music as we don't really have a stereo. Sometimes the TV is also used as a second computer as the Playstation has an internet browser. Then there is the function the Playstation was originally designed for: playing video games, such as Rockband, which we just bought. So our house has been pretty quiet lately.

Anyway. Really truly, I haven't missed the TV that much. But this is the depressing part. My son keeps trying to turn on the TV and handing me the remote or bringing me DVDs. Oh boy. I didn't think he watched that much TV. Guess I'm a bad mom. :)



P.S. If you were looking for last-minute gift ideas for us... ;)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Man, I should have kept the one you gave us! Gabe's old TV was still going strong when we gave it away last year, so now I'm sure some lovely family somewhere else is enjoying it. That should make you feel better :)

Shannon said...

That's a bummer. I don't think you're a bad mom at all. Davin loves the tv. He will stand in front of the DVD shelf and cry until I let him pick a movie or distract him with something else. I think if our tv broke it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but that's because we can watch tv and movies on our computer. If we couldn't then that would be a big deal to me. The good news is that there are some pretty awesome deals out there on tv's right now. Hopefully you will be able to replace it soon. Hope you are enjoying your December! This should be a fun Christmas with Theo. :)

lisa said...

oh sad! breakable beyond repair? Is this the big one from graduation? Well... it will give you a little extra space in the house, though you probably didn't need it in your new one! Good luck!

Hillary said...

My son watches too much TV too. I guess I'm also a bad mom. At least we're in this together!