Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's Happening

Potty training and teething. That's what's going on in our house.

{I really should warn you: This post probably is full of things you don't really want to read about. Go ahead, skip it. I'll never know.}

We gave the potty a half-hearted attempt around the time June was born and gave up mostly because we (Gabe and I) were lazy, but the other day I decided I would NOT buy any more diapers for my almost three year old. We've been in full-blown potty training mode since Sunday. Yesterday was a huge breakthrough. Theo went number 2 on the potty. Twice!!! (Of course, this morning, we weren't so successful. Whatever.)

Theo has made up his own terminology for the potty training experience. Earlier he told me he was "making brown," which was basically the funniest thing I heard all day.

After months of drooling buckets, Ms. June has finally cut a tooth. It's pretty exciting. She can sit up by herself for about 10 seconds before falling over and she will be six months old next week! Craziness.

Another thing that is happening in our house is that we are a one-car family. It's been two and a half weeks, and most of the time it is not a HUGE issue, but I do feel a bit trapped sometimes. If we lived in a less removed part of town it might not be so bad. I drove Gabe to work one day, but I don't love getting the kids out of bed at 5:30 in the morning. Gabe's been looking at some old cheap-o cars though, and I think we will be back to two within a week or so. We thought about getting a nice, new(er) car, but we can't afford to pay cash for one and we haven't had a car payment since we got married, so we decided that as much as we LOVED the 2010 Town and Country we were looking at (drool), we'll skip the monthly payments and huge insurance rate increase. (That was a really long sentence, and, yes, I was totally drooling over a minivan. This is what I have come to.)

There were some requests for pictures. I have this issue right now: I need to buy batteries for my camera. This is especially a problem since I can't drive to the store to buy some when I think about it, and I keep forgetting when I actually do have a car. So. What this all means is that these pictures are a few weeks old. I'm assuming you'll deal.

My big helper banana masher extraordinaire.



Hi. I'm a total chunk.



Hello Handsome. Isn't his little beauty mark freckle funny?

3 comments:

lisa said...

HAH! Making brown--that's hilarious. I've been told that Ryan made up the terms "yellow" and "stinky" for #1 and #2. Can't blame him. Much less confusing (and way more descriptive) than the number system.

Kristen said...

I hear ya on the car thing! We had car payments for a few months before we got a tax return to pay it off, and it sucked! Here's hoping we don't have one again any time soon!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

June is so cute. Love her cheeks. Potty training boys takes FORRRREVER. Hope all goes well. I so want a bigger car!