1. My Gabe
I have the best husband in the world. He works hard every day to support me and our little fetus. He thinks I'm a good cook (though a messy one). He does the dishes. He folds laundry. He gives me backrubs at night. He tells me I'm beautiful even though I think I'm blowing up like a balloon. He makes me laugh. He listens to my stories. He loves my crazy family. He trusts my judgement. He watches presidential debates with me. He also watches Top Model and Project Runway with me without complaining too much. He reads the scriptures with me every night and tells me what he thinks about what we read. He kisses me goodbye every morning when he leaves for work.
2. My Crazy Family
I have loved living so close to my mom and siblings the last few months. We have family home evening every Monday night, and it has been such a good experience. My mom feeds us at least two nights a week and puts up with Gabe purposefully messing up her vacuuming lines. Aubree puts up with Gabe pouring Dr. Pepper in Mr. Thundercleese's bowl. Jake puts up with Gabe teasing him about girls. I am really thankful to have them close. We miss Aly and her sweet indie style. I miss her putting up with my spitting/throwing things at her.
3. My Dad
On Saturday my dad bought Gabe and I tickets to go see BYU play in a basketball tournament down here in Vegas even though the tickets were pretty expensive. He also lets us live in his condo without collecting rent. He does a lot for us even though we probably don't deserve it. I am extremely grateful for my dad's generosity.
4. My God
I worry about my family, my baby, my future. My faith gives me peace because I know that someone who loves me and knows best is looking out for me.
5. My Health
I've learned a little bit about the realities of medical bills over the past two years. I'm thankful that I am healthy enough not to have more experience with medical bills. I'm thankful that I can see, walk, dance, and carry things (although nothing heavier than twenty pounds).
6. My Education
I am thankful that I can read. I am thankful that I have read most of the books I have read. I'm thankful for words and language. I'm thankful for ideas and imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your post, it is so sweet. It is the best living next to family, especially when they feed you:)
I'm not sure why we get to be the crazy family (other than it is probably true) but I love having you and Gabe living close to us and eating dinner with us and making quilts together and shopping and going to movies and baby doctor appointments and town hall meetings and sort of caucuses together... and I could go on, but you get the point. AND I do miss Aly and wish that she could be here to add her dimension to our conversations.
Post a Comment