Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not a Fan of

  1. David Blaine. He talks like he's half asleep. He stands on top of tall things, hangs from tall things, blah blah blah. Why is this magic? By the way, I don't think you should get credit for hanging upside down for sixty hours when you get regular breaks. Anyway, I saw his "Dive of Death" tonight and didn't get it. He fell about twenty feet before the cables holding him caught his fall and pulled him up. I think maybe something went wrong because I had no idea what was going on until the announcer said, "He disappeared into the sky!" Even the Blain fans in the crowd looked confused. Boo.
  2. Sherry Palmer. Last week Gabe and I watched seasons one and two of 24 in about nine days. I'm kind of embarrassed. We have season three but have decided we can't watch it for a while. Maybe ever. Anyway. I hate Sherry.
  3. Kenly. She is rude and even though I was ready to see Suede auf'd, she really should have gone home tonight. That outfit was about as hip hop as I am, which is to say, it wasn't. Also the crotch was bad bad bad.
  4. The economy and everything that has to do with the economy. All I have to say is: terrifying.
  5. Folding laundry. Theo's play pen has recently become a kind of clean clothes hamper because I am lazy.
  6. AIG ads.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! ha ha! Eric and I do something similar with 24 sometimes! We're finally on season 6 now. I have to say season 2 was my least favorite of all of them. The best has been season 4. Season 3 isn't bad, though. Let me just say if you hate Sherry, you are in good company with the rest of the world. She meets what is coming to her in season 3. That's all I'm gonna say.

Kristen said...

I agree with the David Blaine sentiment. His big stunts are kinda silly, but I do enjoy his close-up, slight of hand stuff. He should just stick with that...

Shannon said...

Thank you! I cannot stand David Blaine. He is so annoying and creepy in a sexual predator way, not a magical way. Anyway, I hate Sherry too and I've only seen season 1. Ian continued watching the other seasons, but even he says it got a little boring since the plots are all basically the same with the same twists. Anyway, good luck with that playpen issue. I'm sure you can handle it.
PS-Did you ever come to a conclusion about whether or not we are going to be doing a shower for Lisa? Let me know.

stewart.shana.ella said...

First, Stewart wanted to watch the David Blaine thing last night. HECK NO. I didn't want to help that weirdo's ratings. Totally creepy. We also had our fair share of 24 marathons. We never watch it when it is on because it just goes to slow. I agree with the whole Sherry thing too.

Alyson Turley said...

You really shouldn't feel embarrassed about 24. I watched season 2 and season 3 of 24 in three days a couple months ago. That's right, I did absolutely nothing except sleep and watch dvds, and I don't even like 24. Of course, I was home sick with the worst stomach flu ever so my options were limited.