Let's be honest. This country has a lot of issues. Two wars. A stumbling economy. A BIG energy problem. A diseased health care system. America-haters everywhere.
We've got some issues.
But for some reason, the Republican party seems to think those issues aren't as important as making fun of Obama's work as a "community organizer" (why do they find this work so funny?) and his "celebrity" (why is this such a bad thing again?). Ok. I get it. You don't like Obama. Great. Does that make you qualified to run our country?
Last night, I heard two direct discussions of the issues facing our country:
1. Oil. Palin said that Democrats say that drilling won't solve the long term problems but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Ok. Point taken. I agree. However, that still tells me jack squat about what she is actually planning on doing to solve those long term problems.
2. Iraq. Apparently, according the McCain/Palin ticket Obama is ready to walk away from Iraq when we are about to claim victory. What I want to know is: How exactly are they defining victory in Iraq? Could we talk about that? Could you tell me your plan for "victory"? Hmm. I guess not.
That's it. Even when discussing the issues (kind of) all I hear is "watch out for that crazy, scary Obama Bin Laden" instead of here's what we are going to do for you.
Today at the gym I saw a McCain ad, and with the sound off it really looked like it could be an Obama ad. The only images were pictures of Obama and Obama supporters.
Sorry to pour on the politics. Just one more thing.
"Rhetoric" is not a bad thing. Yes, even Palin and McCain use rhetoric. And they should.
Is it November yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I agree completely.
I also think the funniest part of the RNC last night was Mitt Romney blasting the "Eastern Elites." Haha! Did Romney forget his governorship in a little state called...Massachusetts?
One of the biggest issues I am concerned about is the national debt. I really want to see Obama and McCain address our burgeoning debt in one of their debates.
A-MEN. If I hear the word "drill" one more time I'm going to do some drilling of my own, if you know what I mean. At least Obama supported the new bipartisan energy bill that was just passed. Where was McCain on that one?
Oh, and almost as good as Romney's remark was Guiliani's blast about Palin not being "cosmopolitan" enough for Obama. Um, doesn't former mayor of NYC and season-ticket holder to the Met define "cosmopolitan" Mayor Guiliani?
Alexis, I completely agree! As well, I liked your posts beneath re: Palin.
My reactions once I learned of who Palin actually is were the same. Cheesy and insulting to voters (especially women voters).
What is your email and I'll invite you to read my blog. Your little Theo is adorable. I LOVE his name!
lindseylphillips@gmail.com
I happened on your blog via Liz Hine (couldn't tell by the title if you were someone I knew). Refreshing blog post. Couldn't agree more. Not a fan of McCain OR Palin. It is a joke, or at least it should be, but since it is so important it is not funny.
Post a Comment