Monday, October 13, 2008

Half a Year


So. Word on the grandma front is that I've been slacking in my posting responsibilities. Apparently my musings on breast milk and David Blaine aren't cutting it these days.

Well. That's ok. I'm willing to show my favorite little boy off. Theo was officially six months old last Monday. Half a year. Isn't that insane? Of course, he could easily pass for at least three months older than that, but he's still my itty bitty. And he is seriously adorable.


Let's see... What's new in the world of Theo? He is officially eating solid foods. Only rice cereal so far, but I probably will start him on some kind of veggie in the next week or so. I think I want to try to make my own baby food. We'll see how that goes.


He can sit up on his own, but he might fall over if he gets too excited about something. He also scoots a bit by pushing his upper body into the floor and pushing off with his feet. He is also King of the Raspberry. Pbbbttttt. He soaks his shirt in spit sometimes when he really gets into it.

In mommy news, my excuse for not posting is that I actually have been kind of buys lately. I am gainfully employed! (Kind of) I have two online jobs. I am a Guide for ChaCha and I am training to facilitate courses for University of Phoenix. I am halfway done with the UofP training, and I am looking forward to actually getting started on that. It is very very flexible, which is the main selling point. Besides that I have had a sick baby (I didn't mention the snot issues of late...) and a Halloween costume in the works. Theo is going to be this year's cutest little monster. I will have the costume done by this Saturday for Miss Ella's birthday party, so watch for pics soon!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Theo is adorable! I can't believe he's 6 months already... seems like I just read a post about his birth yesterday! Congrats on juggling so many tasks too!

Andrea said...

Your Mom was right. I was just thinking yesterday that its been too long since your last post.

Arlene said...

Cute, cute, cute. We hope to see you all this Friday or Saturday. And your cute monster costume.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh wow. What a cutie. Glad to hear all is well.

Kristen said...

So freakin adorable. Now I'm REALLY sad I won't see you next month...

And good luck with the homemade baby food! I think it's a great way to save money and make safe, healthy food, but I've always wondered about the particulars. Keep us updated. And congrats about the job! What exactly does a "Guide for ChaCha" do?

Shannon said...

He really is adorable. I love that outfit with the flight goggles on the hat. Too cute. I also can't wait to see his Halloween costume. Have I mentioned that I am uber impressed with your sewing abilities? I am. Anyway, congrats on the jobs. I would love to do a little online work from home, but I am afraid that everything is a scam, so I'm a little iffy. What's a "guide for ChaCha"? Anyway, glad to know what's going on in the life of Lex. :)
PS-So sorry that Theo has been sick. Sick babies=no fun for anyone.

Anonymous said...

I have a great link on my blog for baby food recipes. I do both. For some reason she likes only baby food vegetables but she'll take pureed fruits. Humm? Have fun!

Liz Hine said...

I can't believe it 6 MONTHS.... man where did the time pass? As far as the baby food I bought one of those mini food choppers and just steamed frozen foods and then pureed them... I did it with Lilli... that was like 5 years ago, not so much with Mason (why I don't know...)so things might have changed? Heeheheee I doubt it! Good luck and hope to see you soon!

Anna B said...

seriously cute baby. out of control! i loved getting on to your blog and seeing pictures. one can never have too many pictures of such a handsome, adorable little baby! way to be employed, by the way! how is the training going for U of P? Is it pricey? I'm thinking of doing it also...

Sarah said...

Cute! Such a cute little man! My sis blogs about homemade baby food and she is really in to it. Feel free to ask her any questions you have. She knows all about how to freeze and rotate to use it and mix it and... on and on. www.church-a-rama.blogspot.com