
Yesterday, as part of our Independence Day celebrations, we went bowling. There was an amateur tournament going on, and the winner won 20 grand. A 300 game earned you a 1,000 dollar bonus.
This got me thinking. I could probably be an excellent bowler who wins thousands of dollars during her weekend recreational activities, right? Why the heck not? Someone's doing this, right?
We bowled two games. My high score was 100.
So the plan might need some work. But, seriously, wouldn't it be sweet to be secretly awesome at bowling?
Hey, you want to go bowling this weekend? Sure, why not? What? You just bowled a 300? Yeah, no big deal. I'm just a undercover bowling rock star.
Back in high school, I took summer school P.E. which involved going bowling every Wednesday. (This was actually one of the more physically taxing of our activities. Tangent: I told Alyson that she should take summer school P.E. because it was so easy and you get to play board games and go bowling and earn class credit so you can take more electives during the school year. Aly signs up and has to run for an hour every day in the Vegas summer heat. This kind of thing happens a lot with Aly and I. There was a similar incident with study abroad. I wrote paragraph long responses. She wrote 12 page research papers. Whatever.) During the six weeks or so of consistent bowling practice, I got progressively better. I think my high score was like 160-170. I realize that's not that awesome, but.
So, I have a new goal. I want to bowl 200 by the end of the year. Think I can do it?
What's your high score?

7 comments:
Kudos to you. I'm a bowling disaster. I'm one of those people that goes without trying for high scores-- I just try out various funny bowling moves to keep it light. Otherwise I get so frustrated with my low scores (since I'm super competitive!).
But you can definitely do it!
I LOVE BOWLING! If I lived in Vegas I would so join a bowling league with you. Too bad. My high score is 155, but I'm an erratic bowler. My low score is 23. Eek. I bet you can definitely make 200. Go Lex!
I totally went bowling in summer school PE. We also were forced to do Sweatin to the 80s workout videos. You and Gabe should definitely form a bowling team.
Haha. Poor Aly. Thinking about what they had to do in London makes me cringe.
At BYU my roommates Tiana and Susannah and I took beginning bowling and then advanced for elective two semesters in a row. It was so fun to bowl for free 3 times a week for an hour. We also built up quite large forearm muscles and were beating boys left and right on dates. I got over 200 several times, but now am lucky to get over 100. It's hard now that I'm "out of shape." I think your new goal is awesome and if bowling wasn't so yucky around here I'd pick it up again and start that goal for myself too.
Dude, I totally suck at bowling. I'd never scored over a 100 until April, when I scored a 176 with 4 strikes in a row (almost 5).. And that's probably the best I'll ever do.
that is such a good plan. there's money to be had, my friend! and 170 is way impressive! my high score is, i am sure, below 100. Once I think I bowled a 24 or something.
Post a Comment