Monday, April 12, 2010

More NEW(s)!!!!

Saturday was Theo's little party, and we had a great time. He got lots of things he loves including a tooth brush, books, and many, many cars. My life has been pretty easy for the last couple of days because all he wants to do is play with his new toys. Fine with me!

He got one of these:


Can you tell he was excited? It only took Gabe and his dad about 45 minutes to put it together. Ha.

I made cake pops for the party, which were a big hit.


I learned about them via CakeWrecks, which is one of the biggest time-wasters in my life right now, and couldn't wait to give them a shot. If you are interested, check out Bakerella's site.

The other big news of last week is that we found out we are having a little GIRL! The ultrasound was on Wednesday and everything looks good and healthy. The ultrasound tech did seem to think that our daughter has abnormally large big toes, so... there is that.

I was hoping for a girl for a few kind of silly reasons, so I'm excited. We also have more girl names that we like right now, so that will make things a bit easier (or maybe harder - I guess we have to pick just one!).

The last bit of NEW:


New hair! I'm liking it a lot, and it was long overdue. My roots were about 3 inches long. For the reals.


8 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Love the hair - you always had the most amazing hair in London. We all coveted. And how exciting to have a little lady join your clan. Congrats!

Hillary said...

You hair is SO CUTE! Love it! Happy Birthday Theo!

Shannon said...

Cute cute dark hair! Love it. Theo looks so excited about his new toys. The week after birthdays really is the best when they have so many new things to entertain them.

Hooray for a girl! That is so exciting! I'm sure she is going to be gorgeous (big toes and all). :)

Tara said...

Wow you look hot with dark hair! Thank you for sharing your cake pops, I totally want to make those now! I just spent a bunch of time on those websites, it was fun. Can't wait to make the oreo truffles either, I had those at a wedding and was in love.
Congratulations on the baby girl, it's so awesome to have one of each. And girl name are WAY easier, I must say. Can't wait to see what you guys pick b/c I love the name Theo.

lisa said...

I just can't ever get over your big blue eyes--they're so beautiful!! I'm loving the dark hair and can't wait to meet your sweet little girl. Congratulations!!

(this is the 2nd time I've gotten the word "barfi" as my WV on your blog. weird)

Kristen said...

Hello new hair! You look fab! So much lower maintenance too, I'm sure. (I'm thinking about going the other way now--lighter--but not sure I'm ready for the upkeep.)

And again let me say how excited I am for your little girl! Can't wait for my little Thyrteen Colonia to meet her new best friend :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

A GIRL!!! HOORAY!!! Love the hair. New toys are a godsend too. Yeah for Theo.

Anna B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Both on the baby girl and on the rad hair!