Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Little Perspective

Gabe stumbled across this the other day, and I can't stop thinking about it. Click on the link, enter your average annual income, and prepare to be shocked.

I tagged along with Aly and her friend Christina to see Babies the other night, and as I watched the mother in Namibia raise her kids with no clothes, no toys, no HUSBAND (seriously... no men, ever), I counted my blessings and also realized that I could probably do without quite a bit of the clutter in my life.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. Really. That is pretty humbling. No more complaining, huh?

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

Holy cow! What a humbling website.

It makes me REALLY grateful for what I have.

Tara said...

I feel like a silly spoiled American. Thanks for sharing, it's really good to get some perspective on life.

Kristen said...

Yep, definitely need a little more perspective in my life.

And weren't those little African babies just so precious? Watching them contently play in the dirt made me realize that babies don't need a whole lot--just a boob and some love :)

Diana said...

Wow. I can see why you can't quit thinking about it. I'm rich and didn't realize it. Thanks for the perspective! And I loved the photos from your lovely vacation!