
Utah isn't exactly known for its fabulous dining. However, one of the things I am most looking forward to in our upcoming (first part of July) Utah trip is eating some of the foods that I haven't had for a while. I've been planning to eat at some of our old favorites like NicoItalia and Guru's, and at the top of that lists sits Pudding on the Rice. I should say, sat.
After a tipoff from my sister and some vigorous internet searching, I see that Provo's yummy rice pudding is no more. I'm not happy about this. I'm sitting here moping, eating Kozy Shack, and plotting trips to Portland (which apparently has a Pudding on the Rice) or NYC (where the original rice pudding place that Pudding on the Rice knocked off is located).
Today I shed a tear for rice and cream and toffee.

5 comments:
Oh bummer. I don't think I ever went there, but it sounds yummy. Will you call me when you are in UT? I'd love to see you!
PS-I think you are thinking of the right Lindsey. She was blonde and didn't live on campus. I'm sure you met her at least once or twice.
yeah, sad days for provo. and nicolitalia is hanging on for its life. (And then they opened yet another pizza place in the same shopping center. Does any corner in Provo need FOUR different places to buy pizza? Really?)
Anyway, that place may be closed, but we're still here. Come see us!
what?? that is SO LAME! i want pudding on the rice, dang it! lame, lame, lame.
This is not a hard one. Come to Portland and the rice pudding is totally on us :)
Oh, that's sad. But what's not sad is that we are definitely having a reunion in July in UT. Get the gals and pals together, and we'll make some rice pudding. So, I almost emailed everyone and declared (by order of the magna carta) that we are having a reunion in July in UT, but then I didn't. Anyhow, I'm not sure when, but I am going to Utah in July for two weeks. Be there or be square. Come one, come all.
Post a Comment