Tuesday, May 4, 2010

VACAY!






Yesterday was Gabe's first day back at work after a nine day break. It was soooooo nice. We spent part of our downtime on a just-us-trip. We took Theo down to Tucson where he stayed with Gabe's mom and step-dad. They pretended to enjoy having him even though he infected everyone with his pukey illness. There is something nasty going around Vegas.

Anyway. We had an amazing trip. Here are some clues as to where we went:




Any guesses? No?

Maybe this will help:


Stumped? Well, maybe not, but I thought the variety of pictures was pretty fun anyway. We took four days to drive up PCH from LA to San Francisco. It was fun to see a part of California we hadn't really explored before, and it was nice to be able to be a bit spontaneous and just explore. We only had two planned activities so we just stopped whenever we saw something interesting.

We went to the Getty Villa in Malibu, spent some time in the Danish community of Solvang, toured Heart Castle, watched elephant seals on the beach, drove Big Sur, went whale watching in Monterey, and enjoyed the Monterey aquarium.




We also took lots of pictures of ourselves.

Hope you all had a nice week too!







6 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun trip! So smart to do that when there's only one kid to pawn off on the grandparents. :) We did a lot of that stuff on our honeymoon. California sure is beautiful. And I LOVE Solvang!

Katie said...

Oh man how fun! I've always wanted to go to the villa, and ditto for Solvang. Theres a danish part in me that just won't quit.

Here's to the PCH. (also what we did for our honeymoon)

Anna B said...

what a fantastic trip!! you guys are so great.

Kristen said...

Awesome! My fam did that drive once when I was in HS but I bet you guys had a lot more fun :) BTW you look darling with your dark hair. Miss you guys!

Shewi128 said...

Looks like a fun trip. I love the California coast!

Arlene said...

I am so Jealous, I have always wanted to go to Solvang and Hearst Castle. No agenda sure sounds nice too! Hope Theo is starting to feel better.