Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let's Get Together Yeah Yeah Yeah

Right now I'm watching antiques roadshow and the expert guy sounds exactly like Mr. Rogers. Close your eyes. Listen. Can you hear him? Yeah. Just like that.

I've been meaning to post something for a long time. I have pictures so that = easy post! Wahoo!

We went to Utah for the fourth of July to enjoy Reunion-A-Rama! There were two Turley reunions (which I didn't take any pictures of for some reason) as well as several less formal reunions with friends.

On Friday night we went to an Orem Owls game with some friends who lived just across the hall from us in our first apartment complex in Provo, the Hoshinos. They have a son who is just a few months younger than Theo. It was so good to see them. Theo and Ethan make a pretty cute pair:



The family reunion with the family we actually know was on Saturday, and it was lots of fun. Good to see all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. There are more little kids running around each year. It probably won't be too long till some of my cousin's kids will be having kids, which is really, really, really weird.

On Sunday we met up with one of Gabe's best friends and his wife. We hadn't seen them in forever, and it was nice to catch up. Forgot to take pictures then too... Dang.

After dinner on Sunday, we went over to Sugarhouse park and fed the seagulls, which Theo called ducks. He LOVED it.



On Monday, we went to the Hogle Zoo in the morning and Theo mostly liked the Carousel and Train. The animals were just okay. (He's saying "Choooooo Chooooo" in the picture.)



Monday night I got to meet up with seven of my old roommates from freshman and sophomore year. It was so good to see everyone! Sarah commanded us all to blog about it, so I'm being obedient.


Probably the highlight (lowlight?) of the evening came just after we took that picture when Theo decided to sample some of the very, very old deserts that the restaurant had sitting out in the lobby. You know the ones that they put out to entice guests even though they don't really look that enticing? You know the ones I mean. Yeah. He ate em. I made Gabe go ask if they were covered in any kind of chemical or anything. The lady explained that no, they are just really, really old.

Well. He didn't die.


Monkey.

Here's a bonus:


We went to H&M last night, and Theo picked out some sunglasses and a hat that he wore around the store. He's pretty stylish. What can I say?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun packed Utah trip! It really was so fun getting to see you guys and visit. It just wasn't long enough. We really do need an overnighter next time!