About a week and a half ago, I went and saw 500 Days of Summer with my mom and sister. I really liked it. It was funny and different and Zooey Deschanel wore cool clothes. (I did not realize that she spells her name zoo-ey until right now. How do parents have an Emily and a Zooey?)
I've been thinking about the movie on and off since we saw it and I just realized today that 500 days is almost a year and a half. Hmm. I'm slow sometimes.
500 days ago was March 31, 2008, exactly six days before Theo was born, which means Theo has been alive for 494 days, if you trust my math.
I am kind of sad to see the summer coming to an end. We'll have at least another month of heat here, but I'd like a bit more I think. I want to go down to San Diego again or camping or fishing. We went up to Mt. Charleston last week (or the week before?) and went on a little hike/walk. Theo wasn't the best walker on the stony trail, so he got carried most of the way. We discovered that he is afraid of trees. I kid you not. If you got him too close to a branch he would grimace and lean the other way. The other day I parked under a tree, and there was a little branch that was hanging down by the van door. He did not want to get in or out of the van with that scary branch there. Apparently, we do not get out enough. We did convince him to play with rocks a bit, which made me feel that he experienced nature in some way. He tried to chase a squirrel too, but he wasn't quite quick enough.
This post will not include any pictures. Remember that new camera we got a few months ago? One of our leak-proof sippy cups proved to be the end of that. I have to say that the switch from formula to cow's milk has its downsides. For example, sometimes your child will roll a cup under the couch or somewhere and then discover it four or five days later. Luckily, Gabe stopped him just before he took a sip. Blech. There have also been cups left in the car for a day or two. In 100+ temps. Yuck. You get the idea. It's gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Maybe Theo will like Bonsai. I haven't seen the movie 500 Days yet, but I will since you recommended it. I'm sorry your camera got ruined.
We just saw 500 Days of Summer while we were in Portland last weekend. Loved it. I was jealous of Zooey's wardrobe the whole time. Also her hair.
Anyways, I think it's hilarious that Theo is scared of trees. Kids are so weird. My cousins were off camping at Mt. Charleston last weekend too! Small world. Sorry I'm rambling.
Major bummer about your camera. I totally empathize. Every once in awhile Davin gets a hold of one of Weston's sippys that doesn't have the leak-proof valve and he can empty it in no time flat. I have also found sippys with milk in them in the toy bins, under the couch, and in the car. Definitely ick.
Eeewwwwhhhh, I Just figured out what the cottage cheese was............... !!!
I loved that movie. It was really good and funny. Crazy that little Theo is almost 500 days old. I loved the music and bought the soundtrack and love it!
Afraid of trees? Get that child to Portand, STAT! We'll do an intervention...
Post a Comment