Thursday was Gabe's day off. We decided around 11:00 a.m. that we were going to drive up to Zion National Park. We love doing stuff like that because it makes us think we are fun and spontaneous. Anyway, we had a great time. We enjoyed riding the sweet shuttle buses, splashing in the river, and walking along the beautiful trails. We hope to return when we can stay for more than a few hours and hike Angel's Landing. We will probably do that sans Theo.
The following images are provided by my mom's old camera, which she has graciously allowed us to use. (Thanks, Mom!)
Theo's favorite parts of the day were related to water (of course).
See him leaning away from the foliage?
Gabe, on the other hand, has no fear of trees, but squirrels do make him a bit nervous. This little fellow has obviously been fed a few too many times. Gabe ran away squealing just after this picture was taken. In fairness, I also was a bit freaked out by the forward squirrel. The thing was ready to jump up into our laps, and the National Park Service includes a lovely picture of a bloodied hand in their brochures as a warning against feeding the squirrels.

5 comments:
Please don't hike angels landing: a girl at my old salon had a client that died there and a lady just died hiking it two weeks ago with her kids:( I think you should find a different hike!
What a fun day you had:) Theo is a doll
You ARE fun and spontaneous! It's nice to do stuff that reminds you that you are though. Looks like a really wonderful afternoon. We need to take our boys into "nature" more often. The mountains aren't that far off. I love that Gabe was frightened of the squirrel, although with the brochure warning and all I'm not all that shocked. I seriously can't get over how big and grown up Theo looks. He has the cutest curly hair. Man, is Davin that big too? Our babies are growing up. Sad.
How fun! I didn't realize you guys are that close... And Theo is as darling--and big!
I love Zions. How fun. Rob and I do those kind of trips too. Planned ones never turn out as good. Glad to hear Theo is doing better around trees. The picture of him leaning was cute.
You are fun! Next time you go to St. George area you should stop and eat at Gringo Grill. It's run by some guy from Brawley, CA and he does the carne asada and special quesadilla's like they do out in Brawley. SO GOOD!
Post a Comment