Friday, March 12, 2010

A First

Yesterday marked the distinguished event of of my first call to poison control. The nice woman, Susan, who helped me over the phone also seemed to be experiencing a first as it took her a while to find any information on ingesting carpet padding. Well, not actually ingesting. It was more like chewing and then spitting it back out in chunks. Luckily, as long as the carpet padding is not swallowed, it won't cause much harm. (In case you were wondering).

The rocking chair in Theo's room was handed down to us and somewhere along the line someone decided to make the seat a bit cushier with a piece of carpet padding. Theo, of course, saw this and thought, "Mmm. Breakfast," and chewed most of it up before I even knew he was awake. Susan asked me, "Has he done things like this before?" Reluctantly, honestly, I had to answer, "Yes."

2 comments:

Katie said...

oh man, poor Alexis! I'm glad it all ended up alright in the end.

Kristen said...

I guess it had to happen sometime right? What a funny boy. Glad to hear he's ok! :)