Friday, March 5, 2010

What's New?

  1. There is a broken TV sitting in my entry way. Well, to be honest, this isn't that new as it has been sitting there for nearly two months now, but its news to you, right? How do you get rid of a huge 50 inch console TV? I don't want to dump it in a landfill (I wrote landmine first. Oops.) because I'm pretty sure someone could fix it. Any suggestions? It's really starting to bug me. (I know. After two months, it's starting to bug me. Unfortunately, I have a rather high tolerance for junk and clutter).
  2. Our house! That's something else I haven't really blogged about. We moved into our house in October, and we love it. There are countless unfinished projects and never enough time or money to complete them, but I have a garage and a backyard (even if it is just dirt). All my dreams have come true. :)
  3. Food Storage! One of my callings in our new ward is "Assistant Ward Canning Specialist." Now, this may sound like a made-up-no-work calling, but it has actually been surprisingly active. This ward takes their preparedness seriously, and that is great news for the Middletons. We are building up our food storage, and it is actually pretty fun. I even like the dried refried beans. Seriously.
  4. Theo is kind of FINALLY sort of starting to talk. Well, he really isn't talking at all, but he is using a few more words with more regularity. He has just learned "please" in the past week or so. He says it, "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees." It is pretty cute, and he uses it all the time. Like, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeees can I have another fruit snack. Or, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeees can we play ring around the rosies for the fiftieth time. (No. Mommy is dizzy and may puke.)
  5. Which brings me to some other news, I'm pregnant. I'll be due end of August/beginning of September, and we'll find out first week of April if it is a girl or a boy. I'm pretty much over the morning sickness now, which is good because it sure seems like I was sicker this time. I even tried those wristbands you wear for seasickness. I think they helped a bit, but who knows.
  6. I'm sure there are lots of other new things, but that's all I can think of right now. What's new with you?

10 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Alexis, congratulations on baby #2! How exciting to grow your family. Hope all goes well.

Shannon said...

Ok, first of all . . . list that tv on some classifieds pages as free and it will be gone within the week.

Second of all . . . I want to see pictures of your new house! Your canning calling sounds awesome. That would totally help me build up my food storage too. I live in UT, so it shouldn't be too hard, right? But getting to the cannery when you have 2 kids is hard. Speaking of 2 kids, I am so excited for you and Gabe and for Theo to have a sibling! Davin is driving me crazy with his non talking too. I just taught him to say "yes" this week. Finally! If he could just answer yes or no that would solve half our communication issues. :) Glad that you are feeling better. Did you ever decide what doctor/midwife to go with?

Hillary said...

1. I'd just dump it if I were you.
2. Yay for a house! I can't wait until we have one.
3. I love the dried refried beans too.
4. It's so fun when they start talking. And it makes life a lot easier (in some ways) too.
5. Congrats on baby #2! That's very exciting!
6. Nothing is new with me. I'm just hoping to get a house someday soon.
Can't wait to hang out with you soon!

Anna B said...

!! that is so exciting!! congrats congrats--i can't wait to hear what flavor the baby is.

also, congrats on the house! and good luck on that tv. maybe craigslist?

Katie said...

hip hooray for another baby! and a house! I saw you hollow out the TV and have that be the bassinet for new-baby. (but only if you hang a bead curtain over the front)

Tara said...

Hey exciting about baby 2! You're due right after me (I'm Aug. 10). Also, I kinda envy your calling, I need one like that to get me better at the food storage stuff. And I have heard those refried beans are good! And that's awesome you have a new house, too. Please share your decorating know-how with us, ok? :)

Jennica and Mitch said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! It's going to be weird having all the new little babies running around at the family reunion! I want to see pictures of the house...I'm totally jealous!

Kristen said...

Hooray for new houses and backyards of dirt! Infinite possibilities, that's what I say. :) Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I want to see pictures of your house. I know what you mean...tons of projects, no money. Congrats on baby #2!!! That is so exciting!

Zandra said...

Put that TV on the free classifieds- works every time. Congrats on baby #2! I'm due August 8th, so I know how you are feeling. A summer pregnancy- I'm so not looking forward to that. A new house is always exciting too, projects and all.