Two weeks ago my midwife checked me and I was dilated to a three. I am still not in labor. I have been furiously trying to get things ready for the baby the past couple weeks, but I probably could have gotten away with slacking a bit more. :) Hopefully she will come soon though. I am definitely ready.
Gabe and I have been putting a lot of work into her room, and I am really starting to like it. It is not completely completely done, but it is pretty close.
Almost everything in this room is a DIY project. I made the bedding and the curtain. Gabe repainted the chair and the shelves. We took the closet doors off, removed the rod, painted the design on the wall, and added the shelves and smaller rod. The idea was to open up the room a bit more by getting the dresser inside of the closet. I recovered the rocking chair cushions and changing pad and added the pom-pom trim to the lamp shade. Many hours have gone into this room. :)
I think my favorite things are the cameos (which are us! can you tell?), the pom-pom lampshade, and the little flower afghan I crocheted. I still want to get some more art or pictures on the wall and in the closet area. I would also like to get some kind of ottoman or pouf, put new pulls on the dresser, and repaint the ceiling fan (which is brown. boooo).
We'll see if any of that gets done. Even if it doesn't all get done, we are pretty proud. Hope she likes it!

8 comments:
It looks FABULOUS! She'll love it!
Well done, it looks fantastic! Hope all goes well with her arrival.
I cannot believe you did that room yourselves! It looks amazing. You should seriously send those photos into a magazine or something. I love the opened up closet. Great idea. The bedding is adorable too, but my favorite is the curtain and the cameos (which I could definitely tell were you guys). So cute! I hope you go into labor soon. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl!
That is amazing!!! Will you come over to my house and work some magic!!! I never know what to do with those kind of things.
It looks so good Alexis! You are my decorating hero.
Lex I love it! Before I read everything you'd done, I was thinking "oh I love the wallpaper they put in the closet--wonder where they got it..." haha--should have known :) It looks great!
Absolutely adorable! Especially love that green paint on the walls. Nice work!
Her room is adorable! You are very talented. I am no where near as focused as you are. It really is a beautiful room!
Post a Comment