I am pretty much over it now, but it took me a few days. Luckily, my dad had a computer we can use. But I will still never get all the pictures and videos back. (I have learned the importance of backing files up I guess). And it will probably take me weeks to recreate my syllabi, grading rubrics, and other work documents. But... treasures in heaven. Right? :)
Monday, August 2, 2010
Treasures in Heaven
You know that scripture? Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven and not on earth where thieves can break in and steal? (I am paraphrasing here). This is good advice. Because sometimes thieves do steal stuff, and that stinks. Like last Tuesday when Gabe took our laptop to work and some person (avoiding nasty name) took it. Just took it. With all of my pictures, videos, work documents, software, etc., etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Aw man that stinks. Big time. I hope the thief notices what a cute kid Theo is, and how much hard work is represented on that computer, and feels bad about his lifestyle choices. So there, thief.
oh I'm so sorry, lex! I second katie's prediction.
Boo! It sounds like you are taking it much better than I would, but I guess there's not a ton you can do. I would also be the most upset about the pictures and video. My suggestion . . . a BIG external hard drive for back ups.
Ugh that makes me sick. I can't believe people can be so selfish. I'm so sorry you lost all your pictures!
Rats! Was it an employee? Gabe should beat them up!
That is really, really crappy! I always hear these stories and think, "Huh, I should back up my stuff." And I still don't. So you're not alone there.
Post a Comment