Mountains It was freezing and rainy up in Provo. And beautiful. The clouds were low and curling around the mountains, which looked incredibly green after my time in Vegas.
Grad School Defending my thesis was surprisingly enjoyable. I got to talk through my ideas, I had to answer tough questions, and I had intelligent professors seriously discussing my conclusions with me. It was intimidating at first, but as it went on, I started having fun. I passed my defense--yay--but now I'm a bit sad it's over for now. For a while I was not sure I still wanted to do a PhD, but now I really think I do. Unfortunately, that would require getting accepted somewhere and figuring out how we're going to take care of our baby and make money. In any case, I miss discussing postmodernism, metafiction, Baudrillard, and most of all, good books.
All in all, our trip to Utah was nice and a bit too quick.

7 comments:
Yay for seeing friends. I concur with missing everyone. Glad that it worked out to visit. Theo is one cute baby boy. It was so fun to have the babies together. :) Keep in touch and feel free to call me whenever.
Oh, I'm with you on the grad school thing. For the past year I've wavered back and forth on whether or not I want to get my PhD (why does it have to take 5-6 years?!) but I've finally realized that I do want one. Eventually.
I miss school! I miss the discussions and the books and even the writing. It's too bad most universities won't fund an MA degree...`
Theo is so cute!
Congrats on finishing your thesis! That's awesome!
I'm with Caroline, in that I totally miss being in school and even find myself a bit jealous of my hubby from time to time. And then I remember that he will have to go to work every day for the next 30 years or so. And then I'm not so jealous :)
CONGRATS!! Way to pass the defense!! That is really exciting--who is your committee again? Phil, Kristin, and ? Isn't it so weird that it's over? Theo is such a doll and you're totally gorgeous. My two cents on PhD--it is pretty fun. I still really like being a part of those kinds of discussions. You should totally consider South Carolina!!
Hey! I am so glad Alisa found your blog! Theo is a doll! Congratulations!!
I'm glad that you passed your thesis and all went well. Congrats. I can't believe how much bigger Theo is than Shannon's baby. Both of them are so cute:)
Things I've Missed:
A new blog entry from Alexis.
While I'm at it, here's some more things:
Saying: ALLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEXIS!!!everytime I see you. (Spartan cheerleaders)
Glenwood and it's mice.
Rude and weird landlords.
Attack of the bugs in our blinds (which I then sprayed with oven clear, which then ruined the blinds and led me to convince the landlord's handyman (some random student) that it was all the landlord's fault and not mine and he had to tell the landlord that so I wouldn't have to pay for them (it worked!, by the way=cloverhaus)).
Interesting peruvian roomates who spill blue koolaid everywhere including in the toilet water and do not realize.
Going for "skips" instead of jogs with you and Lisa.
Changing gears late in the escort so the car revs and I can say: "I'm SOOOO Mad!" and pretend like i'm being a rude person who revs the car at pedestrians when he/she is mad and having road rage.
Saturday nights at Maceys or whatever that grocery store was called.
Hunting down bulk candy on Saturday nights.
Hmm, I'm bored and this is fun, I will continue. Sorry if you do not want to read it.
Ice cream Sunday in the Cannon Center.
Your little cougar car.
Saying, "I hereby declare, by order of the magna carta..." (I still have my copy of the magna carta, thank you so much. I still haven't figured out what to do with it so I just hold on to it. I am trying to remember why I even said that in the first place. I can't remember right now. Do you remember?)
.
.
.
Okay I'm done. I can't believe it's been so long. Crazy!
Do you remember all those things?
Anyways (which is correct, anyway or anyways??? I never know and it stresses me out when I am writing it to an English major) the whole point of this was to say that I want a new blog entry please.
Thank you.
Post a Comment