Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Potpourri

First.

I have been considering not posting on Breaking Dawn because I didn't want to TAMN-it up too much, but I just need to say a couple things.

I have a couple of fairly major issues with the book, but my biggest one is this: Renesmee. I am very, very afraid that this name may become popular among little Mormon girls in the next few years. Please, please, please don't name your daughter Renesmee.


Next.

The Olympics is addicting reality TV that never ends. Gabe and I haven't been to bed at a decent hour for too long. Oh, China, why do you have to be on the other side of the world? Is midnight really primetime?

On a related note, did you know that all of China is one time zone? The whole country. That's insane. These are the intriguing things you learn when you watch way too much Olympic coverage.


Finally.

It seemed like it was time for more Theo pics. I tried to take pictures of Theo and I together. Since I took them, I had no idea what they looked like while taking them. Some turned out kind of cute.


My arm looks weird in this one, but Theo looks cute:

This picture is kind of scary, but I think it is funny. I am not trying to eat my son. Promise.

And a cute PJ picture for good measure:


The end.

8 comments:

Tara said...

We have also been depriving ourselves of sleep for the Olympics. Man, Theo is so adorable, I love those polka dot jammies, what a cutie.

Kristen said...

I second your complaint about midnight prime time. The other night I finally went to bed around 11:30 and missed the awesome 4x100 men's relay! Why must they show it so late?!

Theo is the cuteness. When are you coming to Portland? :)

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

I love the Olympics! I watch it all day and all night...I'm kind of addicted and I kind of have a crush on Ryan Lochte. So cute!

When Justin lived in China, he said the sun rose at 3AM every morning because the whole country was on the same time zone. He'd wake up every morning around 3 but he wouldn't have anything to do since everything was closed. Haha.

I've read a few reviews of Breaking Dawn and none of them have been positive... I know some people will hate me for saying this, but I'm kind of anti-Stephenie Meyer. I thought Twilight was bleh and The Host was just awful. She can be a good storyteller at times, but her prose is BAD. Her publishing house needs to stop thinking about dollar signs and start hiring her a good editor.

/rant

Sarah said...

I love the close up laughing picture! It is sooo cute. You should frame it put it on your wall and save it forever and ever. I don't think it looks weird at all. When I first caught a glimpse of it I thought, how cute! So basically, it's not weird. K, bye.

stewart.shana.ella said...

Seriously HATE Reneseme. Could she have picked a more stupid name?

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

Those pictures are so stinkin cute! He's adorable. And i was really thinking renesmee was a cute name...it's first on our list of baby names...jk it's awful and i'm pretty sure it'll be popping up a lot more than anyone wants

Shannon said...

TOO CUTE! I love those polka dot pj's. Also, I just finished Breaking Dawn this afternoon and I think that Renesmee is my main complaint as well. I totally had that thought that there will be people naming their kids that in the next year or two. It's seriously an ugly name. I was annoyed Stephanie Meyer couldn't come up with something better. Oh well. I liked the happy ending to the series.

Becky said...

I love the pics you took of you and Theo! China....one of these days the peasents will revolt and demand their own time zone...until then it doesn't matter sense everybody important lives on the east.