Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thoughts on SYTYCD

  • I kind of hate Mary Murphy. Luckily we have DVR. Every week we record the show and start watching it about half an hour in so we can fast forward through the "RAHRAWRRAW HOTTAMALETRAIN RAWAR WOOOOOOOOO!" 
  • I want to be Cat Deeley's friend. Don't you? Remember when one of the girls' toes came our of her shoe and Cat got down on the ground to fix it? She's cool. Did you notice Joshua rubbing her hip at the end of the show?
  • I am so conflicted on who I like best. I think I am in the Joshua camp. I just think he seems like a cool person. Plus he does every style well. Plus he is unbelievably strong. But I really love Katee and Courtney too. I have no idea who is going to win. Twitch is probably most popular?
  • Did anyone else notice how weird Twitch's pants were in the first hip hop dance? There was an inexplicable bubble of extra fabric in the crotch. Anyone else see this?
  • I've been meaning to mention this: Toni Basil from last week. She's this fifty+ woman wearing a huge silk flower in her hair and all she can talk about is how "street" everything is. "Hey Mickey" is pretty dang street.  Wah.

So. Thoughts?

6 comments:

The Webber's said...

Alexis -
I LOVE that you are as obsessed with the show as me! Although I also hate Mary Murphy, she does make the show a little more interesting! She is definately the Paula of the show! I think I'm pulling for Twitch, although I really like Katee and Josh too. I am not such a Courtney fan, probably because I was pulling for Chelsie. I never vote though, so I can't complain. I always plan to, but then it is bedtime and stuff and it just doesn't happen! I thought the show was pretty good - I didn't notice the bulge in Twitch's pants, but now I want to go back and look!
I think it is funny that you are the "new Webber's". Let me know what responsiblities you end up with as assitant to the Pres. I have a bunch of stuff I could email you, depending on what they have you do. I keep asking Mary Kay who to send it to, but I don't think she knows who is going to do the Secretary role yet.
By the way, Theo is so cute and getting so big!!!

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

I'm a big fan of Katee's. I hope she wins tonight. And I hope my future half Asian, half-white babies will be as cute as she is.

And yeah...Mary Murphy's voice is LOOUUUDDDD! There was a little article in Entertainment Weekly comparing the decible level of her screams with the decible level of an airport runway.

Kristen said...

Don't get me started on Toni Basil. Street? What? That was hilarious! I especially liked how she claimed to be "street" at one point...

I am also firmly planted in the Joshua camp, but wouldn't be horrified if either of the girl's won. Twitch is overrated.

Can't wait to watch tonight!! I am going to be minorly depressed when it's over... Yep, I'm that lame.

Anna B said...

Amen to all of that. So dang happy that Joshua won--love that kid. Almost makes up for David A. coming in second for American Idol. Life is sad now, though, w/o sytycd. i would have loved to have chelsea in the finals. and as much as mary bugs me, paula is worse.

Sarah said...

I only watched one time and I didn't want Joshua to win, but I think it's just because he has long hair and I hate that on men (at least in this day and age). I wanted Twitch to win because he was the underdog. I felt bad for Courtney because the judge kept saying how Katee was just a little bit better. But once again, I only watched one time. Well, I actually watched a little bit of the tryouts, like part of one show. Okay bye.

Shannon said...

OK, sorry I'm behind the times on your blog, but I have to weigh in on the SYTYCD season. First off, I really did enjoy it. Secondly, I HATED that Joshua won. I though he was the least talented of the final four. Also, I hate that the girls of the competition never win. My theory on this is that too many girls watch the show and vote for the guys they think are hot and have crushes on. Lame. I am still so non-plussed about Joshua winning. It was the worst end to the season in my opinion. I did like that they showed what past seasons' contestants were up to on the finale. I didn't notice the weirdness of Twitch's pants, but in other crotch news, I hate the hip hop move where they grab their crotch. Anyway, as for Mary Murphy. Well, I kinda like her. I hate the "hot tamale train" crap, but other than that i enjoy her. I concur that Tina whatever was totally weird and didn't fit with all her street talk. I did enjoy the season though and you know I will watch next summer too. :)