This is what I don't want to forget:
Because of the whole hospital ordeal, I didn't exactly follow all of my doctor's suggestions for rest and recovery. When Theo was transfered to Summerlin Hospital on the fourth day, I had probably slept about 12 hours since he was born. That morning when we went to see him at the hospital, we didn't know that he was going to be transfered. I had put on some cute new ballet flats that I hadn't worn before that morning. We left the house around seven and didn't go home until nine o'clock at night. I was on my feet a lot. When we got home that night I took off my shoes at the front door and walked back to our bedroom. When I was walking I noticed a strange sensation. When I took a step, I felt my foot jiggle. Now, when you have just given birth a few days before, it is not entirely unexpected to feel a part of you jiggle, but your foot? I looked down and gasped. My feet were enormous--frighteningly so. I had elephant feet. They JIGGLED. I freaked out a bit, but Gabe convinced me that I was probably going to be ok and to just put my feet up. The next morning when I woke up they were still swollen. Amazing. And that's why I like the word postpartum.

4 comments:
i would totally have freaked out too!! that is a great story. how are the feet doing now?
Hahahahaha I actually laughed out loud. You should've taken a picture.
Love that post. I'm sure I will have the mascara bags as well, since I have them everyday anyways. And I think I'm going to have to start using the word 'void', as in "I have to go void."
This is a great post, Alexis! I didn't know you had a blog, but hey, I guess it is a Mormon Mom culture thing. Or maybe just a Mom culture thing, I dunno.
Good to see an update since I don't think we've chatted much since Freshman year. Congrats on Theo's health! How're you doin?
Post a Comment