Now to the other things Plygs (as they call them on Cedar Mountain) do. I was just watching CNN and apparently the Polygamists in Texas are registering to vote and everyone's all in a tither. The story struck me as somewhat odd. A bunch of people in Texas were sitting there saying that they are extremely worried that citizens in their community might register to vote. Apparently the local elections are often decided by only a few hundred votes, so the FLDS folks might be able to determine some of the elections. Now while I think it is wrong and disturbing to force a fourteen year old girl to marry a fifty year old man, I also think it is wrong to suggest that some members of the community should be prohibited from voting. Am I the only one who thinks this is weird? What do you all think?
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Sewing Your Own Clothes and Other Things Plygs Do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
First of all, WOW! I am so impressed that you made Theo's blessing outfit. It is adorable and he is so cute too. I can't wait to see pics from his big day. :)
As for the voting thing, it's very lame of these people to be freaking out about the plygs voting. They should vote. I think it smells a bit like the persecution the early LDS people endured (not that they are remotely associated with our church or the gospel), but the other citizens' reactions are very similar. How sad that our society has learned nothing and not progressed in all this time.
Wow, that's amazing! The only thing I've ever sewn (sp? looks weird) is a pillow. I don't think I could ever sew anything like that. You rock!
And of course, everyone has a right to vote, no matter what- so they should move to another community if they don't want to live in the same community as certain people who will vote a certain way. We can't take that right away. No matter what. So too bad.
I am so impressed you made that. My favorite part is the bow tie. Seriously cute!!! You are so talented:)
Do people not realize we live in America and that we as American citizens are all given the right to vote. Plyg or not. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Holy Moses I am so impressed! That swirly skirt and orange polka dot shirt have really paid off! :)
And just a random note, but at first glance of the top pic it looks like Theo is wearing a teeny tiny pearl stud in his right ear... I assume he is not.
so cute!! very impressive sewing. i once sewed a quilt top. never finished it. it looks like crap, too. and theo is such an adorable baby! i can't believe how fast he's growing--he looks so good in his suit!!
and voting--totally agree. got to love the double standard.
No. I did not pierce my little boy's ear.
I think my favorite thing about Theo is how much he looks like you AND Gabe. I know that's how this whole offspring thing generally works, but it's still exciting to me, ok?
Hahaha, that's really funny-the earing thing. It does look like he's a little gangsta' baby with a bling bling earing. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ALEXIS. Just because gangsta' fams are cool, doesn't mean you have to be one. (Just kidding I know you didn't pierce his ear. That would just be so funny though.)
Wow! That looks so adorable, who cares if there is a string off here or there. Hope you three had a special day together.
Post a Comment