
Yesterday was Gabe and my (I think that is correct even though it sounds horribly awkward) two-year anniversary. My wonderful mother (and Theo's number one fan) babysat for us so we could go out and celebrate. We went to Mon Ami Gabi for dinner, which is the restaurant we went to the night Gabe proposed, and then we saw another show for free! Who knew working at Autozone could get you so many hookups? I think it is just because my husband is such an amazing person that everyone likes him and wants to give him free stuff. One of his frequent customers is the head of rigging at Mystere and we got to sit up in the booth. It was pretty cool--definitely a unique experience.
Anyway, I was just looking through all of the pictures we have of the past two years, and I think maybe we have more pictures of Theo than of our entire two years of marriage. Pretty pathetic. Also, we took pictures on our honeymoon with Gabe's old digital camera, never downloaded the pictures from the camera, and Gabe just told me he thinks we donated it to DI when we moved last year. Oops. Anyway, won't you take a trip with me down memory lane?
Friends.
This was fall 2004. Our apartments started hanging out and got tickets to the football games together. Gabe had a watermelon he needed to eat, and I suggested carving it up like a jack-o-lantern. Clearly, we were well suited, even if I didn't realize it at the time.

I had to put this picture on here too, even though it's not of Gabe and I because it made me laugh. Caroline and I bought peaches at one of those cool roadside stands that I miss. We had so many peaches, we decided we better make pies and take them to boys. Ha. We used food to get boys a lot that year (I'm thinking of a particular cake we "borrowed" from a roommate, which eventually led to Kristen's marital bliss). Anyway. I am extremely domestic in this picture. Check me out. Pearls. Pies. Did I mention I sewed that shirt myself? I'm not kidding. I really made it. Impressed? You should be.

Dating.
This is one of our first dates. I think it was January or February 2005. We went to a monster truck rally and dressed up for the occasion.

That summer Gabe and I both moved home to Vegas. We got to know each other a lot better, and it was the beginning of a life of game playing with our families. Here we are getting our nerd on in a cut-throat game of trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings.

That summer we went to D.C. , and we started one of our favorite games, "Eyepieces." (Caroline never knew she was such an important part of our relationship)

In November we got engaged. Gabe put the ring on the wall behind me, and I almost knocked it into the fountain. Luckily, the ring survived (and it fits my post-pregnant finger again! yay!).

In our two years of marriage we've been to Cabo San Lucas, Disneyland, San Clemente, San Francisco, D.C., New York, Boston, and Moab (below).

We've been to probably a hundred baseball games, a couple operas, a few Vegas shows, thousands of movies, and several concerts. We've lived in two apartments. We've owned four cars. We've had one son.
Everything in life is better because I get to share it with my best friend. I love you, Goob.
5 comments:
ALEXIS!!! Yay I am so glad that you found my blog! Yes, it is very crazy that both Camille and Jenn are prego. How is everything going in Las Vegas? Congratulations...sorry its a little late...on Theo he is adorable! I hope that you guys make it up for Nichole's wedding it would be great to see you guys. If not hopefully I'll get to see you in Utah if you are planning on coming up for the family reunion. I'm so happy that I know that you have a blog so I can read about what's going on with you and your cute little family!
Oh my, memories. I love that we were both in love at the same time and that we were able to share a meager Valentines Day dinner together. I'm so glad I got to know Gabe too, and came to see--as you eventually did--that you were made for each other. I miss you and love you! Happy Anniversary!
P.S. Jason and I are coming up on three years in August - how time flies!
P.P.S. I loved that orange shirt! Still wish we could share a closet across three states...
Awww . . . Happy Anniversary you two! I have a couple pics of you guys when you were dating from my 22nd birthday party. I will email them to you so you have more records of your dating days. Anyway, I have to say that Ian and I were sooo excited that you 2 got married. You are such a great couple. I wish we lived closer so we could actually hang out. Oh well. Congrats! It's amazing how time flies. Weston was just 3 months old at your wedding! I love you!
Yay, eyepieces! I completely forgot about the game. Maybe I should introduce Justin to it? Haha. He'll probably give me a weird look. Eyepieces is always more fun with more people anyway. :)
Congrats on your second anniversary! It's so weird for me to think that your wedding was two years ago. It doesn't seem so long ago...
This post made me laugh and brought back lots of good memories. Those peach pies were delicious. As well as that cake we bartered away to the boys across the street. And having you and Gabe in DC was so fun too!
Ah, I wished I lived closer to Vegas or you guy wished closer to me. *Sniff*
Hey Alexis! Congrats on two years. that's crazy! ok Theo is probably the cutest little boy i've ever seen! he's adorable! That'd be fun if you guys come to nichole's wedding or the family reunion (you know you can't miss that water fight...)
Post a Comment