
One of my favorite Agatha Christie books is Murder on the Orient Express (it has a really great twist at the end, for those of you who haven't read it). Poirot (my favorite mustachioed Belgian) travels across Europe on the famous Orient Express in company of (gasp!) an unknown murderer. Anyway, did you know you can travel on the same trains they used for those glamorous 1920s journeys?
This is my new dream. Your compartment changes into a bedroom at night. You eat in the dining car. You wear dress clothes all the time. You travel through beautiful Europe. Oh yeah, want to spend a couple nights in Venice? Prague? London?
Gabe and I are going to go in 15 years. Anyone want to join us?

9 comments:
Sounds fun, we are so in:) I was just going through my checks from the salon.... don't pay me so much next time. Silly girl:) Theo is so cute and I was so happy to see him today.
My favorite Poirot. And I think you're the one who told me to read it. Did I tell you how I went on a Christie-binge that summer? (Which was just last summer. . . )
I'm in. With or without the murder.
You can count Bill and I in, but can we skip London. Been there, done that.
i heart agatha christie as well. and poirot is definitely the best. have you watched murder on the orient express? or death on the nile? both are great.
I think I can pencil it in...
I also LOVE Agatha Christie, although my favorite character of hers is Miss Marple. Poirot just bugs me because I can't decide how to pronounce his name in my head. :) Anyway, that is so cool that those trains still run, what a fun adventure that will be! I'm totally in if we can make a pitstop in Germany.
See, I told you you wouldn't be busy in 15 years. It's the magic number.
You know, I keep telling myself to read more Agatha Christie books. I should just stop being lazy and borrow them at the library. Oh, and I cannot believe how expensive those train rides are. Yikes!!
Post a Comment