
Do you take them out in any particular order?
Do you empty the carton from left to right? Right to left? Do you take every other egg? Or, like me, do you try to grab at random?
After you are done, do you move the remaining eggs around to make a pattern in the carton?
Just wondering.

7 comments:
You must be bored...but it's an interesting thought. I just grab the eggs. I think I like to empty one side first and then the other, maybe right to left, like a japanese book, but I'm not sure if I do that every time.
I love reading your interesting blogs by the way.
I usually grab from opposing corners to start with, then go at random until it gets close to the end. Then, I move them to the edges to balance it out, empty spaces in the middle. Never realized how weird that was until just now.
i'm a random grabber as a rule, and i don't think i'm tidy enough to make patterns, although i will notice when there are patterns.
You are so funny, but yes, I take equally from each side so the carton stays balanced. I don't move them when i'm done if they don't equal out, but I do my best.
I'm a "both sides to balance" baker. I hate to grab a carton of eggs and have one side be off balance. I take them from corner to corner. Thought it was just me, didn't know that everyone seems to have "their" way of doing eggs. I like to have the middle left, that way no matter how you grab the box it's balanced in the middle. From a "Seasoned" Baker
I know that you have been especially awaiting on my comment on the randomness (or lack thereof) on removing eggs from cartons.
I am happy to see that other people embrace my need to have the egg carton be balanced.
If I am using two eggs, one egg comes from each side; one from the back and one from the front. I feel this balances best. I am happiest when recipes call for even numbers. And, I do like to make patterns with the remaining eggs. Which is usually necessary when an uneven number of eggs is left. When this happens, I have to quickly put the eggs away and forget about it. Otherwise, I might have to figure out some way to use an egg.
And, I am happy that Alyson is following somewhat in my OCD footsteps... except that I like to keep the middle full.
I suspected I wasn't the only one who cared about egg placement.
As you can see, my mother is crazy. The fact that she probably secretly throws away the odd egg that is messing up her balanced carton should explain to everyone why I purposely arrange my carton to look unorganized.
Post a Comment